Alrø is a small Danish island in Horsens Fjord on the east coast of Jutland within Odder Municipality.The island is 7.52km long with a coastline of 14km, and stretches a little over 5km wide from east to west. With a population of 147 as of January 2013, the island can be reached by road over an artificial causeway which connects it to the mainland on the northern side of the fjord. Alrø has been inhabited continuously since the Stone Age up to modern times, with possible additional usage during the Viking Age as a landing site.
According to legend, chieftain King Hjarne of Hjarnø gave the island to his wife Queen Alrune, naming the island Alrø after her. The first historical reference to Alrø is in King Valdemar's land register Jordbog, under a single sentence “Alrø.House. Hare.” In later years, Alrø became a popular hare hunting site for the king. The population of Alrø consisted primarily of peasants under the jurisdiction of wealthy farmers until 1661,when King Frederik III gave the island and Endelave to Nields Banner, who was his Crown vassal. In 1700, Just Rosemeier from Westphalia gained ownership of Alrø through marriage, and allotted many farms to families on the island. In 1798,the peasants became freeholders of the land and began to farm, where they settled in three main sections of the island.
The AN/ALR-67 Radar Warning Receiver is designed to warn an aircraft's crew of potentially hostile radar activity. It is an airborne threat warning and countermeasures control system built to be successor to the United States Navy's AN/ALR-45. Northrop Grumman Corporation's Electronic Systems sector (Rolling Meadows, Illinois) was the main contractor for the AN/ALR-67(V) and (V)2. Raytheon Electronic Warfare Systems (Goleta, California) was the main contractor for the AN/ALR-67(V)3.